COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to us that our visitor’s privacy will be respected and protected. We understand that your privacy is important to you and we aim to preserve your privacy at all times.
When may we collect your personal data:
– When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
– When you ask us to contact you with information about our products and services
– When you engage with us on social media
– When you enter prize draws or competitions
– When you subscribe to marketing & promotional newsletter emails
– When you comment on or review our products and services
– When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
We collect certain personally identifiable information (‘Personal Data’) which is necessary, relevant and suitable for the purpose you are providing it for.
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
– Name (including title)
– Phone number
– Email address
– Any information within correspondence you send to us
– Spouse and Child Data
It also includes technical information which is encrypted and does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our website. This may include:
– The date and time you used our website
– The pages you visited and amount of time visited for
– IP address
– The browser and device you used
– The url from which you accessed the Service
Please refer to ‘Cookies’ below for more information on the technical information we collect.
The compulsory fields on our website contact or submission forms are clearly indicated. Other information is voluntary.
We use this information you provide to respond to your questions or inform you by e-mail or telephone about our services or offers. If you request a service or transmit information to this site, we can ask for more information necessary to fulfil your request.
Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered – this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal data that is beyond our control.
The information we collect from you will only be used for the purpose that it was provided. We shall only use your personal data for the following purposes and shall not keep such personal data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
– To help us to identify you when you contact us
– To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time
– To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future
– To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information. However we do not pass on or sell your personal details to other companies for their own marketing purposes
– To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss
– To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text, social media or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us where these products are similar to those you have already purchased from us, or have expressed an interest in, and you have not opted out of us contacting you
– To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text, social media or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners where you have expressly consented to us doing so
– We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance
– We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this
– If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets
– If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
– We employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and we may disclose your personal data to these parties for the purposes of providing our services to you, for example, for fulfilling advertising requests, collecting payments, sending postal mail and email, bookkeeping and accounts, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and providing customer service. Those parties only have access to the personal data needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes
In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
– We may carry out with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies: credit checks where you have given us your express consent, and fraud prevention checks. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments.
– We may pass on your personal data to a solicitor, debt collection agency and/or court for our debt collection purposes of any unpaid accounts.
– If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
You may ask to see and update your personal information that we hold at any time. We are the data controller in respect of any personal data we collect about you. To request information please contact us via our contact form with the subject title ‘Data Request’
Marketing and promotional newsletter emails provide a link at the end of the email to unsubscribe from that service. You can also opt out by contacting us via our contact form with the subject title ‘Opt Out’
Types of Cookies we use Manage cookie preferences
You can change your cookie preferences any time by clicking the above button. This will let you revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers.
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.
There are always risks connected to sending personal information, whether it happens face to face, by telephone or over the internet, and no system or technology is completely safe or hacker proof. To minimize the chances of this happening and to guarantee the correctness of the information, we have procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use an SSL certificate on our website, which encrypts information you input, and host with a reputable, established hosting company with a server based in the UK who use a variety of security features to keep our site, and your information, protected.
Any payments made via this website will be processed by PayPal which is a secure online payment provider. We do not receive any financial details and any problems with payments should be directed to PayPal. Evocean Sailing cannot be held responsible for any problems relating to making payments via PayPal.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We are not responsible for the appearance, accuracy or any other aspect of the information of all external sites.
We do not provide any personally identifiable customer personal data to these third-party websites.
We aim to ensure that the website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However we cannot guarantee 100% uptime which may be a result of essential maintenance or technical problems.
Due to the changing nature of laws, rules and decrees and the inherent restrictions of electronic communication, this site can contain delays, shortcomings or inaccuracies relating to the information.
This policy was last updated on 16th June 2023.